miércoles, 10 de agosto de 2011

Al principio

Bueno, its technically been 3 weeks (1 week in my homestay) but it feels like I've been here forever! Honestly I absolutely love Argentina. To start with, the food is amazing. Obviously I've had the best steak of my life here, but I'm also obsessed with submarinos and dulce de leche. And don't get me started on the ice cream or coffee. The cafe atmosophere is great here, how you can sit for hours drinking coffee at any time of the day or night. And to add to that, you can pretty much be up and around at any time of day, because if its 10-12 you could be eating dinner, after that at bars or clubs, and early in the morning coming back from clubs and eating breakfast. Insane, but its the one thing I'm struggling with, no sleep! Machismo is definitely prominent here too and teaching me to be assertive, if nothing else for my own safety! Between the piropos and their "smooth" moves at clubs I'm learning fast. The only other thing I'm afraid of, aside from looking like a stupid american, is getting hit by a bus, taxi, or motorcycle. But seriously, everyday I'm lucky to escape from near death. Otherwise the daily humiliations of not understanding or being understood keeps my sense of humor active. And I love how many dogs are here! The paseaperros that walk around with 10 dogs are hilarious, but the dog poop they leave behind on ALL sidewalks is not so much. This is a general idea of Buenos Aires anyways, more to come soon. :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario